MARCH BREAK 2020: Wednesday March 18 (Day 3) - Wonderful Wanigans
Try your hand at woodworking and create a mini version of a wanigan (a traditional canoe tripping equipment box with its own unique carrying system). Explore its origins and variations as you hunt through the museum to find the pieces you need to build your wanigan. Our patient and experienced staff will guide participants in a hands-on building experience. Spend the afternoon adding a game function to your wanigan and painting it with your own design. Finish up the afternoon with baking a traditional wanigan treat!
- No previous wood working experience is required.
- This program does include a hammering component that can be quite loud.
Lunch is included in this program. Participants should bring their own lunch and snack.
- Location: Canadian Canoe Museum
- Time: 9:30am-3:00pm
- 30 days+ until the workshop: Full refund provided minus $5 administration fee
- Fees are non-refundable within 30 days of your program date
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705.748.9153 ext 203